I got my Singer 99 put back together, for the most part. I ended up having to do a lot of gluing and shimming to get it to sit level in the case. So now I’m waiting for the glue to dry on the studs in back before I give it a test run.
Please excuse the paint runs I didn’t notice until I got the machine back in the base. It’s not coming back out of there, the damn thing must weigh 30 pounds, I had to get the man involved just to get it back in. I’ll just do a quick sand and spray as soon as the weather warms up again. There’s really not much you could do to make it pretty anyway.
I bought this machine as a back up, and it really hasn’t worked out for me. It’s a great machine and will sew everything I throw at it, but it just hasn’t been a go-to for me. I thought I’d use it when I had a free motion quilting project on my big computerized beast, but it seems I’m much too spoiled for that. Everything I need to do either seems to involve anything but a straight stitch, a larger machine bed, or both. I may take this up to our lovely second home in Iowa (crappy apartment the man is staying in for work) and leave it for when I’m up there. I’ll just have to careful about what projects I bring with me.
In other news, I made a ton of these over the weekend..
I designed these one night and put them in my Etsy shop a few months ago. I’ve been very surprised by how many folks have been interested in them. I love giant lizards setting things on fire, but didn’t realize other people would too.
I’m still waiting on my muslin fabric for the wedding dress.